This is an archived webpage from 2009. Go to the current page.
For The PublicAmbler is committed to green initiatives and earth-friendly practices. In 2005, Mayors of the United States endorsed a climate protection agreement. Included in the agreement was a pledge to help educate the public on reducing global warming pollution. This website is included in our effort to fulfill the pledge.
- Nominate a Business for a Gold Star & Green Ribbon Award
- Why should we go green?
- U.S. Mayors's Climate Protection Agreement
- About Reducing Global Warming Pollution
Educational Materials for the Public, Schools, Professional Associations, Businesses and Industry
- Gold Star & Green Ribbon Winner: Verde Home Store
- Bike Trails And Bicycle Racks
- Additional Resources
Committee & Business Resources
- Meeting Minutes From January 19, 2009
- Meeting Minutes From January 5, 2009
- Press Release: Recycling Markets Suffer Temporary Downturn
- Meeting Minutes From December 1, 2008
- Meeting Minutes From November 17, 2008
- Let's Talk Trash (pdf) / Waste Plan Template (pdf)
- Local Businesses: Obtain a ClearStream Recycle Container
- Research Overview
- Non-residential Recycling: It's The Law (PDF)
- Pennsylvania Act 101: Municipal Waste Planning, Recycling & Waste Reduction (PDF)
- Ambler's Solid Waste Ordinance (PDF)
- Susquehanna "Model" Ordinance (PDF)